Did You Know? 5 Facts Gubernatorial Candidate Mark Fisher Should Have Known Before Degrading Casino Jobs
Washington, DC – Before degrading casino jobs while talking to the Springfield Republican editorial board and at a debate yesterday, GOP gubernatorial candidate Mark Fisher should have known the following five facts:
1. Jobs in gaming pay an average of $45,000 a year.
2. Gaming jobs are more likely than jobs in other industries to provide generous benefits, such as health care and retirement plans, according to a study conducted by the University of Massachusetts Boston.
3. The casino workforce has more gender and racial diversity than the U.S. workforce in general, according to the UMass Boston study.
4. Jobs in gaming include a wide range of professions that extend beyond the casino floor, including: accounting;hotel management; information systems; technology; software; food and beverage; retail; entertainment and more.
5. Casino gaming supports more than 800,000 jobs across the country.