The director of events is responsible for assisting with the planning and executing successful Global Gaming Expo (G2E) shows as well as helping to manage the entire AGA event portfolio. Working closely with the senior vice president, membership & events, the director will establish effective and collaborative relationships across the AGA team, RX as business partner, key vendors, members and suppliers. The director ensures that events are managed and executed in a manner that ensures maximum participation, engagement, and satisfaction by members and other participants. This leader works closely with the senior manager of events and senior manager of membership and serves as in-house consultant and advisor in support of other departments’ events, as needed.
Event Leadership and Development:
- Provide support to SVP in managing relationship with RX (AGA’s trade show partner) to manage flagship annual events – G2E Las Vegas and G2E Asia:
- Ensure continual improvement and evolution in alignment with AGA strategic priorities.
- Maintain positive working relationships with trade show partners.
- Encourage and support value and ROI for exhibitors and sponsors and contribute to acquisition of new and enhanced partnerships in support of G2E.
- Oversee key areas for current trade shows, conferences and events including budget development and delivery, attendance management, education programming with a focus on logistics/operations.
- In conjunction with departments and teams across the organization, identify and develop new AGA events that add member value with existing participants and address untapped priority markets.
- Ensure that all events enhance the AGA brand and add member value.
- Support the budgeting process for key events ensuring resources are allocated efficiently and effectively.
- Work with Senior Manager of Events to ensure alignment across AGA events with priorities and industry events – provide support and counsel for overall event strategy.
- Keep abreast of best practices for trade shows, conferences, and other events and infuse innovation and reinvention into events as needed to ensure AGA events remain a key component of the AGA value proposition.
- Represent AGA in the events/hospitality industry with highest degree of professionalism, experience and ensure our reputation is best in class.
Experience & Education:
- Proven leader in large, complex trade show management.
- Reputation as a problem solver, effective relationship leader and fosters an effective and collaborative team environment.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 5+ years managing events functions with increasing responsibility.
- Experience managing vendor & partner relationships.
- Experience in the hospitality industry a plus.
- Knowledge of Asian customs, culture, and travel a plus.
- Superb interpersonal skills – able to quickly build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders and also adept at casting a positive leadership shadow across the organization in support of a positive workplace culture.
- Superior project management, organizational and delegation skills: Clearly articulate goals, step-by-step roles and responsibilities as well as corresponding deadlines for completing projects on time and on budget.
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to work independently to problem solve, take initiative: Seeks opportunities to advance the AGA’s event services, lead and own key projects and functions.
- Collaborative and team-oriented mindset: Effectively partners with internal colleagues and external agencies and consultants to meet deadlines, achieve organizational goals.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment: Eager to meet tight deadlines, effortlessly adjusts to changes in priorities, and balance short-term deliverables with long-term strategic initiatives.
- Willingness to learn and grow: Think in terms of possibilities. Embrace change and bold ideas – take risks and have fun!
Coordinator, Membership & Events
As a member of the membership & events team, the membership & events coordinator plays an essential role in supporting AGA-member programs and events. Reporting to the senior vice, membership & events, this position works to elevate AGA’s member and industry events by providing support for on-site logistics, administrative assistance and overall positive membership experiences. The ideal candidate is a proactive, collaborative and impeccably organized with a keen attention to detail and superior hospitality and customer service skills.
Member Event Development and Execution
- Supports events management with all event logistics, including serving as a liaison to vendors and contractors, as well as providing on-site support for AGA staff and setup and post-event reconciliation.
- Collaborates with staff to leverage existing assets and execute events and programs in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Executes logistical needs for AGA Board-related events, including Board and committee meetings, CEO Roundtable and other current/future meetings and events.
- Supports related event communications information, including save the date, RSVP, before-you-go details, run of show, etc.
- Reviews and assists with the development of event invitation lists to ensure quality over quantity, and coordinates the attendance of key members as directed.
- Manages speakers’ needs, leading up to and on-site during events.
- Fact checks attendee list, corresponding collateral and ensures safe delivery/setup on-site.
Industry Event Support
- Supports the Global Gaming Expo (G2E) management team, as needed, including conference development, show logistics and fulfillment of sponsorship commitments.
- Provides support to ancillary AGA events, including the Hall of Fame program, third-party experts, regulatory roundtable, and others.
- Provides leadership and support for ensuring member engagement through AGA events.
Membership Retention & Recruitment Support
- Supports membership management team by providing regular updates to member database, mailing lists and membership listings.
- Draft and finalize membership briefing materials for meetings and phone conferences, support value prop creation and production of materials.
- Review AGA news clippings for relevant member information and mentions.
Department Administrative Support
- Provide administrative support to membership & events team including scheduling, printing, mailings, etc.
- Oversee electronic file storage for membership & events team.
Experience & Education:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Entry level/one-three years of experience supporting membership & events.
- Association management and/or gaming industry experience is a plus.
- Customer service experience preferred.
- Exceptional event logistics and project management.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong project management skills and ability to juggle multiple shifting priorities.
- Able to adjust to changes in priorities, and balance short-term deliverables with long-term strategic goals while producing a high-caliber work product.
- Results-oriented and strong self-management skills.
- Team player who thrives in a high-energy, multitask and collaborative work environment.
- Superior organization skills and attention to detail required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.); Adobe Creative Suite (Acrobat Pro, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) experience a plus.
- Knowledge of Customer Relationship Management systems, particularly Salesforce, and event software, particularly CVENT, a plus.
Summer Marketing and Communications Intern
As a member of the strategic communications team, the marketing and communications intern will support and assist in the day-to-day activities of the department. This position reports to the director, marketing and collaborates across the AGA to assist in the overall marketing and communications strategy.
Critical Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in executing the association marketing strategy by helping maintain brand consistency across marketing materials, writing email and social media copy, updating graphics, and proofing design projects.
- Build and proofread association marketing emails in ActiveCampaign.
- Review and proofread event marketing materials for Global Gaming Expo.
- Develop PowerPoint presentations for staff.
- Collect materials and data necessary for strategic initiatives.
- Assist in reviewing articles and building out the daily AGA Clips email.
- Other marketing and communications duties as assigned.
- Rising junior, senior or graduate student at an accredited college or university.
- Self-starter who can work independently, complete projects with little supervision, and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Prior marketing intern experience in an office environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Capable writer, editor and proofreader.
- Basic understanding of marketing and communications principles.
About the American Gaming Association (AGA)
As the national trade group representing the U.S. casino industry, the American Gaming Association (AGA) fosters a policy and business environment where legal, regulated gaming thrives. The AGA’s diverse membership of commercial and tribal casino operators, sports betting and iGaming companies, gaming suppliers, and more lead the $261 billion industry and support 1.8 million jobs across the country.