LAS VEGAS - NBA Commissioner Emeritus David J. Stern will be a featured speaker at the American Gaming Association’s Global Gaming Expo 2016 (G2E) before more than 25,000 gaming industry professionals in Las Vegas on Thursday, September 29. G2E is the world’s largest casino-gaming conference and takes place from September 26-29 at the Sands Expo and Convention Center.
Stern will have a conversation with AGA’s President and CEO Geoff Freeman about the future of sports betting and its impact on major professional sports, as well as how the NBA’s expansion parallels the casino gaming industry. Additionally, Stern will highlight how the NBA successfully embraced corporate social responsibility, with initiatives like NBA Cares, as a long-term solution to enhance the business’ brand.
For the first time in G2E’s 16-year history, prominent speakers will take the stage on all four days of the show. In addition to Stern’s participation on Thursday, September 29, G2E’s main stage will host speeches by leaders in technology, security and gaming:
- Frances Townsend, former Homeland Security Advisor to President George W. Bush – Monday, September 26: Townsend’s presentation, “The Power of Being Fearless presented by Global Gaming Women,” will inspire attendees to have the courage to lead. After her time serving on the Homeland Security Council, Townsend joined CNN in 2008 and currently serves as a senior national security analyst for CBS News. Additionally, Townsend is the president of the Counter Extremism Project, a not-for-profit, non-partisan, international policy organization formed to combat the growing threat from extremist ideologies.
- National Indian Gaming Association Chairman Ernest L. Stevens, Jr. and AGA President and CEO Geoff Freeman – Tuesday, September 27: Marking the first time the leaders of the casino industry’s two key sectors share the G2E main stage together, Stevens and Freeman will focus on how both associations can benefit one another and truly represent the industry as a whole. Attendees will learn the issues facing gaming today and understand how unity makes the entire gaming industry stronger.
- Scott Klososky, tech expert and author – Wednesday, September 28: Known for his unique perspectives on technology and business culture, Klososky will detail how casinos can best align with new developments in technology including the Internet of Things, wearable devices, big data, the cashless society and cyber security. Klososky is a former CEO of three successful tech start-up companies; and principal of Future Point of View, a digital consulting firm focused on teaching technology to non-technology leaders. He is a founder and part owner of Alkami Technology, a second-generation online banking platform that provides users with expanded banking options. As a leader in digital and online tools, he shares a uniquely new but seasoned view of the trends and topics that are changing the business landscape.
“Commissioner Emeritus Stern, a proponent of legalized, regulated sports betting, will offer a unique perspective on an issue that has rapidly evolved and represents a significant growth opportunity for the industry,” said Andrew Ortale, AGA’s vice president of industry services. “Our robust lineup of speakers will help to make G2E a must-attend event for gaming industry professionals for all four days of the show.”
In October 2015, Stern echoed current NBA Commissioner Adam Silver in calling for legalized sports betting. “I’m with Commissioner Silver. There should be federal legislation that says, ‘Let’s go all the way’ and have betting on sports. It’s OK. It’s going to be properly regulated,” Stern said.
For 30 years, Stern helped shape the NBA into the industry it is today. Stern is credited with the increase in popularity of basketball worldwide during the 1990s and 2000s, as well as the creation of the WNBA. Stern oversaw the proliferation of the NBA globally, from its expansion into Canada to televised games in countries around the globe.
Registration for the 2016 G2E exhibit hall and G2E seminars is now open at www.globalgamingexpo.com.
- Click here for Media Registration
- Click here for AGA Member Attendee Registration
- Click here for Attendee Registration
About Global Gaming Expo 2016
Global Gaming Expo 2016 , the world’s premier event for the casino gaming industry, showcases the latest developments in gaming technology and features keynote addresses by high-profile leaders from within and outside of the gaming industry. In 2015, the annual event debuted the “Integrated Resort Experience at G2E,” an innovative effort to deliver a complete “end-to-end” solution to help casinos attract more guests, encourage them to stay and play longer, and increase revenue per visitor. G2E offers the most comprehensive look at the international gaming and hospitality industries to date with days of exclusive gaming product launches, trend forecasting, and cutting-edge discussions.