“With Tuesday’s historic election between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton behind us, the American Gaming Association (AGA) turns its attention to proactively engaging with the new Administration and incoming members of Congress. Specific areas of focus for the AGA include:
- Advocating for pro-business policies that promote growth and reinvestment;
- Supporting economic policies that provide consumers with greater confidence and discretionary income;
- Continuing to encourage a welcoming environment for foreign visitors, many of whom are interested in enjoying the casino gaming experience;
- Cultivating relationships with and educating new members of Congress on gaming’s positive economic and community impacts; and
- Advancing a pro-gaming agenda, including a repeal of the failed federal ban on sports betting outside Nevada.
With the dawning of a new era in Congress, the gaming industry’s Congressional champion development efforts have never been more important. The AGA will leverage our industry’s 40-state presence to coalesce a powerful network of Congressional leaders willing to promote favorable public policies and block overzealous federal efforts that add unnecessary costs and inefficiencies to our businesses.
While we are optimistic a Trump Administration will feature significantly more restrained federal agencies than what our industry (and many others) experienced over the last eight years, the challenges before us remain great. AGA’s “Get to Know Gaming” campaign, on-the-ground activities in prominent casino markets and targeted engagement of industry leaders are some of the tactics that will help to protect and promote our industry in the years ahead.
Tuesday’s results ushered in a new era in Washington, D.C. The gaming industry is well positioned to thrive in this new environment because of the important steps we have taken over the last several years to unify around issues of common cause, work collaboratively with government officials and highlight our enormous local economic and social contributions to develop Congressional champions.
AGA is eager to work with the Trump Administration and new Congress and we are optimistic that the coming years will include important victories for the gaming industry.”
About AGA: The American Gaming Association is the premier national trade group representing the $240 billion U.S casino industry, which supports 1.7 million jobs in 40 states. AGA members include commercial and tribal casino operators, suppliers and other entities affiliated with the gaming industry. It is the mission of the AGA to be the single most effective champion of the industry, relentlessly protecting against harmful and often misinformed public policies, and paving a path for growth, innovation and reinvestment.